Seydel 1847 Classic Harmonica - Brendan Power Tunings
1847 CLASSIC in PowerDraw Tuning: same as normal in holes 1-6, but it lets you really wail in the upper register!
The 1847 CLASSIC PowerDraw, a harmonica that combines tradition and innovation. With its super airtight design and SEYDEL's unique Stainless Steel reeds, this harp really shows its expressive potential throughout the range in PowerDraw tuning. Think of it as the Big Six Plus!
PowerDraw tuning is easy to learn because:
- The bulk of the harp (holes 1-6) stays exactly the same, so there is no need to re-learn anything in that meat and potatoes range you’re so accustomed to.
- The breathing pattern of holes 1-6 (blow reed low, draw reed high in each hole)is retained all the way up to hole 10 on the PowerDraw. This gives the top octave an instant feeling of familiarity to anyone who tries it, because the techniques and riffs that work so well lower down work up there too (click on "Tone Table" above).
- Simplified Technique: There are no blow bends and no overdraws needed in the PowerDraw tuning. Two of the most important ‘blue’ notes in 2nd position (the flat third, which was overblow 6) and the flat fifth (overdraw 7) are now simple draw bends on holes 7 and 8.
- Every draw note bends from hole 6-10, soulful and easy! In un-valved setup every hole overblows, and the upper octave overblows are much easier than the overdraws necessary in Richter tuning.
- PowerDraw works well with the chordal octave-playing approach of tongue blockers. The notes in the top octave are similar to Richter, but the intervals are different. Because the chord splits sound nice and in-key, it is easy to adapt to.
- The PowerDraw works great in other positions too, especially Third (nice useful bends in the top octave), Fifth (good expression in the top end), Second Position Minor (no need to overblow to get the flat 3rd ), Eleventh and Twelfth (great expression in the top octave).
If you feel familiar with playing in holes 1-6 on Richter diatonic already (or you play our BIG SIX model), the PowerDraw is a good choice for you!
1847 CLASSIC in PowerBender-Tuning - a new universal 10 hole diatonic for traditional and modern music styles.
The 1847 CLASSIC PowerBender, a harmonica, that impresses from innovation but nevertheless fits all traditional demands - a master's instrument for maximum ambitions.
Super airtight design and SEYDEL's unique Stainless Steel reeds.
The PowerBender tuning builds on the best parts of the traditional Richter Tuning, while altering the scale to make the real juicy and important notes much easier to obtain throughout the whole three octave range.
- Same familiar breathing pattern in the upper-middle registers with all bending notes available through holes 1-6
- Overdraws are no longer possible on a PowerBender - they are not needed because the important notes are there with usual draw bending
- Blowbends in the upper octave are replaced by usual draw bends - every draw note bends at least a semitone
- Top octave easy to play (intuitive) as many familiar phrasings can be adopted from the bottom octaves
- Easy to play in the common positions: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, and 12th
If you interested in playing in many different musical styles on a diatonic, the PowerBender is a good choice for you!